[Python-Dev] Running tests on freebsd5

Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) tdelaney@avaya.com
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 09:38:48 +1000

> From: Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy)=20
>=20
> I might have the opportunity to at least run the tests on=20
> FreeBSD 5.1. I just set up my first FreeBSD system on the weekend :)

OK - got some results. Remember that these are on a minimally-configured
FREEBSD-5.1-RELEASE. I looked for a bug report on SF for these but =
couldn't
find any - let me know which bug to attach trhe various test failures to
(or let me know if I need to create a new one).

I expected some tests to fail since my NIC has been set up via  DHCP, =
but
Win2K internet connection sharing doesn't send a hostname back=20
(it assumes everyone is using WINS to lookup names I guess).

running build_scripts

test test_socket failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/test/test_socket.py", line 215, =
in
testCrucialConstants
     socket.SOCK_RDM
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SOCK_RDM'

This is one of the errors reported by Pieter.

test test_strptime failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/test/test_strptime.py", line =
312, in
test_timezone
     "LocaleTime().timezone has duplicate values but "
   File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/unittest.py", line 268, in =
failUnless
     if not expr: raise self.failureException, msg
AssertionError: LocaleTime().timezone has duplicate values but timzone =
value
not set to -1

This one is almost certainly my fault ;) But the error message is wrong =
think - it should read 'but timezone value' rather than 'but timzone =
value'.

test test_tempfile failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/test/test_tempfile.py", line =
299, in
test_noinherit
     self.failIf(retval > 0, "child process reports failure")
   File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/unittest.py", line 264, in =
failIf
     if expr: raise self.failureException, msg
AssertionError: child process reports failure

This is the other error reported by Pieter.

4 tests failed:
     test_mimetools test_socket test_strptime test_tempfile

test_mimetools fails because I don't have a usable hostname for the =
machine (due to
the above DHCP configuration issues).

So I can confirm that both of the issues Pieter found are present on a =
*standard*
FREEBSD-5.1-RELEASE install.

Tim Delaney