[Python-Dev] donating python-crack module

Domenico Andreoli cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 12:15:58 +0200

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 10:28:49AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > it is already available on savannah, licensed under GPL. what's wrong
> > with GPL? the story about not being usable with non-GPL software?
>=20
> Many businesses prefer not to use GPL software, and I believe that if
> Python itself had been GPL'ed it would not have become the success it
> is now.  None of the major OS languages (Perl, Python, Tcl) are GPL.
>=20
> But it's up to you, and I know there are dissenting opinions, and I
> don't want this debate here turning into a flamewar, so I'll leave the
> choice of license up to you, the author.
>=20

i'm a sustainer of the GPL cause but for software little as mine i
admit GPL is really overkill.

i think i'll switch to MIT license in the next release.

thanks
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--