[Python-Dev] cygwin errors

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:50:41 -0500

    [ failures in test_time, test_strptime, test_logging ]

    Tim> These don't smell like wild stores.  What happens on your box?

I've been unable to reproduce any of this on Mac OS X.  I built
--with-pydebug, tried those combinations you indicated as well as three
regrtest -r runs (one with -uall), but saw nothing.

I then returned to my build.O6 directory (OPT=-O6, -DNDEBUG), rebuilt and
tried again.

During the -r -uall -O6 run I got some assertion errors in the bsddb3 thread
stuff:

    Exception in thread writer 0:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/head/dist/src/Lib/threading.py", line 436, in __bootstrap
        self.run()
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/head/dist/src/Lib/threading.py", line 416, in run
        self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/head/dist/src/Lib/bsddb/test/test_thread.py", line 254, in writerThread
        self.assertEqual(data, self.makeData(key))
      File "/Users/skip/src/python/head/dist/src/Lib/unittest.py", line 292, in failUnlessEqual
        raise self.failureException, \
    AssertionError: None != '0002-0002-0002-0002-0002'

During both -r -uall runs (debug and non-debug builds) I got a warning
during the bsddb3 tests:

    /Users/skip/src/python/head/dist/src/Lib/bsddb/dbutils.py:67: RuntimeWarning: DB_INCOMPLETE: Cache flush was unable to complete
      return function(*_args, **_kwargs)

If the problem is with the locale code, Mac OS X is the wrong place to debug
the problem as its locale support is apparently minimal:

    test_locale skipped -- Locale support on MacOSX is minimal and cannot be tested

I'll try some more cygwin tests tomorrow, though those failures looked a lot
different than what you're seeing.

Skip