[Python-Dev] New branch for r23c2 work

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 21:29:14 -0500

    Jack> The remaining three, however, are in the build process: 768306,
    Jack> 768068 and 766210.

(Mac OS X 10.2.6.)

1. 768306 works for me.

2. 768068 I submitted and only relates to the case where you build an
   extension module using a not-yet-installed version of the interpreter.
   I'm sure it can wait until after the 2.3 release.

3. 766210 I can't help you in a concrete way with this one since I don't
   have a case-sensitive file system available to test on.  It looks like
   you can change the BUILDPYTHON line in Mac/OSX/Makefile to

      BUILDPYTHON=$(builddir)/python$(BUILDEXE)

   if BUILDEXE is set upon entry.  Since this is determined by configure
   though I think you may need to create a Makefile.pre.in which contains

      BUILDEXE= @BUILDEXEEXT@
      BUILDPYTHON=$(builddir)/python$(BUILDEXE)

   and tweak the configure process to also create Mac/OSX/Makefile in the
   build directory.

Skip