[Python-Dev] Test_coercion failing on Panther for complex numbers

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 17:28:03 -0400

[Jack Jansen]
> I need a little guidance with bug #775892. I think it's non-serious,
> but I'm not sure (and I don't know how easy it is to fix).
>
> Test_coercion is failing on the beta for MacOSX 10.3. All the failures
> have the same form: the output is (XXX-0j) in stead of the expected
> (XXX+0j).

It isn't serious, and we've (you & I) been thru this failure before <wink>.
If the compiler for this box has some sort of switch named along the lines
of "don't used fused multiply-add", it should cure it.

Or we could rewrite the test not to rely on the (more accidental than not,
given the state of C compilers) sign of 0.