[Python-Dev] RE: test_strptime; test_logging; test_time failure

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:57:42 -0400

[Brett C.]
> Tim (or someone else who can replicate the problem), can you give the
> attached patch a try?  This should fix the problem.  There are new
> tests on top of a proposed fix.  If this doesn't solve it then I am
> giving up on getting the caching to work for this release.

Sorry, no joy!  With the patch, and removing test_logging's restoration of
locale, the symptom remains the same:

C:\Code\python\PCbuild>python ../lib/test/regrtest.py test_strptime
                                                      test_logging
                                                      test_time
test_strptime
test_logging
test_time
test test_time failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\CODE\PYTHON\lib\test\test_time.py", line 49, in test_strptime
    self.fail('conversion specifier: %r failed.' % format)
  File "C:\CODE\PYTHON\lib\unittest.py", line 260, in fail
    raise self.failureException, msg
AssertionError: conversion specifier: ' %c' failed.

2 tests OK.
1 test failed:
    test_time

Remove test_strptime, or test_logging, from the mix, and test_time passes.

There's a different failure mode if the order of the first two is swapped:

C:\Code\python\PCbuild>python ../lib/test/regrtest.py test_logging
                                                      test_strptime
                                                      test_time
test_logging
test_strptime
test test_strptime failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\CODE\PYTHON\lib\test\test_strptime.py", line 433, in
test_NoneNone_cl
earing
    self.failUnlessEqual(len(_strptime._regex_cache), 1)
  File "C:\CODE\PYTHON\lib\unittest.py", line 292, in failUnlessEqual
    raise self.failureException, \
AssertionError: 4 != 1

test_time
2 tests OK.