[spambayes-dev] RE: [Python-Dev] RE: [Spambayes] Question (orpossibly a bug report)

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer@massey.ac.nz
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:13:59 +1200

> While on our machines, we can reproduce the locale being=20
> switched at MAPILogon time, my instrumented version also=20
> shows that for some people at least, Outlook itself will also=20
> change it back some time before delivering UI events to us.

I think my .py files now have more print statements than they do other
code, and I still can't figure what causes the change (apart from when
we start the plugin and the logonex call).

If I open Outlook (starts in Outlook Today), wait for it to do a send &
receive (with nothing received) and then close it, the locale is changed
somewhere apart from these two known places, but I can't find the place!
It's somewhere between the end of OnStartupComplete() and the start of
OnClose().  (Very little gets called, since there isn't any training, or
changing of folders, etc).

Is it possible that Outlook simply changes the crt locale at some point
completely unrelated to spambayes activity?  This would explain why I
can't narrow down a call that does it.  If that's the case, then the
only solution is a band-aid one, isn't it - where we fix the locale each
time, before we do anything with floats.  (And avoid floats by using
float(1)/10 and so forth).

> Today I hope to produce a less-instrumented version with the=20
> fix I intend leaving in, and asking the OP to re-test.

FWIW, here's what I get:
"""
addin import IS a hijacker!!!
The crt locale is German_Germany.1252
The locale was repaired
addin onconnection is not a hijacker.
Known hijacker mapi logon did hijack
The crt locale is German_Germany.1252
The locale was repaired
Loaded bayes database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\tameyer.MASSEY\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_bayes_database.db'
Loaded message database from 'C:\Documents and
Settings\tameyer.MASSEY\Application
Data\SpamBayes\default_message_database.db'
Bayes database initialized with 1754 spam and 269 good messages
SpamBayes Outlook Addin (beta), version 0.4 (July 2003) starting (with
engine SpamBayes Beta2, version 0.2 (July 2003))
on Windows 5.1.2600 (Service Pack 1)
using Python 2.3c1 (#44, Jul 21 2003, 09:21:38) [MSC v.1200 32 bit
(Intel)]
SpamBayes: Watching for new messages in folder  Inbox
SpamBayes: Watching for new messages in folder  Spam
Processing 0 missed spam in folder 'Inbox' took 71.0777ms
"""

=3DTony Meyer