[Python-Dev] porting problems

Andrew Perella ajp@eutechnyx.com
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:51:04 +0100

Problem 1:
I have compiled python2.2.3c1 for the xbox and the gamecube. When I import a
large module (generated by swig) the xbox version takes 6MB whilst the
gamecube takes 1MB. This is despite using the same custom malloc replacement
code. This problem occurrs whenever the python module being imported gets
bigger than a few thousand lines long. I do not know why the versions do not
behave identically as they both are using a near identical hand generated
pyconfig.h.

Problem 2:
  What d o I need to do to get errors on import etc to show up in my own
custom error printing routines. t the moment I cannot find them unless I am
using the very high python/c interface functions. (In this case I can set
stderr to a custom class and everything works fine)

Any ideas as to what the problems are?
Regards
Andrew

Dr Andrew Perella
Programming Manager
ajp@eutechnyx.com

Eutechnyx Limited is a Deloitte & Touche Fast 50 and a Sunday Times Tech
Track 100 company.

Eutechnyx Limited
Metro Centre East Business Park
Gateshead
Tyne & Wear
NE11 9HU
UK
Phone: +44 (0) 191 460 60 60
Fax: +44 (0) 191 460 22 66
www.eutechnyx.com

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. No communication sent by e-mail to or from Eutechnyx is intended to give rise to contractual or other legal liability, apart from liability which cannot be excluded under English law.

This message has been checked for all known viruses by Star Internet delivered through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre.

www.eutechnyx.com Eutechnyx Limited. Registered in England No: 2172322