[Python-Dev] python-dev Summary for 2003-03-01 through 2003-03-15

Zooko zooko@zooko.com
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 07:44:47 -0500

(I, Zooko, wrote the lines prepended with "> > ".)

 Ben Laurie <ben@algroup.co.uk> wrote:

> > No -- capabilities (as envisioned for Python) are references.  Whether a
> > reference to an object, to a bound method, or to a function doesn't matter.
>
> I should note that this is a new (and good) idea, not one that we've
> previously expressed. And, of course, they are references with
> restrictions, which will be spelt out in the PEP.

Yes.  It isn't that Brett missed something and I corrected him, it's that I just
asserted an idea that hasn't previously been posted to the list.

Is the python-dev summary allowed to describe ideas posted in discussion of the
python-dev summary?  ;-)

Regards,

Zooko

http://zooko.com/
         ^-- under re-construction: some new stuff, some broken links