[Python-Dev] Windows installer request...

Bjorn Pettersen BPettersen@NAREX.com
Mon, 5 May 2003 08:55:02 -0600

Would it be possible for the windows installer to use $SYSTEMDRIVE$ as
the default installation drive instead of C:? (On my XP box, C: is my
zip-drive, and E: is my SYSTEMDRIVE(*) -- I'm now re-installing :-)

If it's considered a good idea, and someone can point me to where the
change has to be made, I'd be more than willing to produce a patch...

-- bjorn

(*) Don't ask, MS wisdom I guess. Oh, and if you don't have a C: drive,
all you WinExplorer icons disappear (subst C: a: and it works :-) In any
case, I'm not brave enough to try to change it <wink>.