Where'd my memory go? (was Re: [Python-Dev] Dictionary sparseness)

Harri Pasanen harri.pasanen@trema.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 10:55:27 +0200

Speaking of memory consumption, has the memory footprint of Python
changed significantly from 2.2 to 2.3?

I've been toying with the idea of making a small python ever since I
compiled Python 1.0 for MS-DOS box with 512Kb of memory.   I've
scanned at the Palm Python stuff, but I did not have a clear picture
if they really did everything possible to make it small, including
changing the representation of internal structs, or did they just
chop away the complex type, parser, compiler, etc?

Regards,

Harri