[Python-Dev] pyconfig.h not regenerated by "config.status --recheck"

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Tue, 6 May 2003 11:20:34 -0500

I decided to investigate why the resource module wasn't getting built on my
Mac today.  A quick check showed that build.opt/pyconfig.h didn't include
this stanza:

    /* Define if you have the 'getpagesize' function. */
    #define HAVE_GETPAGESIZE 1

although pyconfig.h.in contained this stanza:

    /* Define if you have the 'getpagesize' function. */
    #undef HAVE_GETPAGESIZE

The date on pyconfig.h.in was May 5.  The date on build.opt/pyconfig.h was
Feb 27.  Executing

    ./config.status --recheck

in my build.opt tree doesn't regenerate pyconfig.h.  I then tried executing

    ../configure --prefix=/Users/skip/local

This generated pyconfig.h.  It would thus appear that config.status
shouldn't be used by developers.  Apparently one of the other flags it
appends to the generated configure command suppresses generation of
pyconfig.h (and maybe other files).

Skip