[Python-Dev] 2.3.1 is (almost) a go

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Sep 23 17:02:42 EDT 2003

Jeremy Hylton <jeremy at zope.com> writes:

> On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 05:43, Anthony Baxter wrote:
>> At www.python.org/2.3.1 there's links to the release candidates for
>> 2.3.1 - Thomas and I are still running all sorts of tests against it,
>> but if someone else wants to give it a go, that'd be good. We're on
>> IRC #python-dev on irc.freenode.net.
>
> You most post a note to python-dev when you think you've got the final
> release files.  There are lots of things that can go wrong the first
> time around, and we can do some last minute sanity checks.  I'd be happy
> to test on RH9 and Win2k.

They are not yet ready. Tim Peters found that some Windows version
numbers have not been incremented, and I'm currently changing this.
It seems at least the source tarball and the windows installer have to
been rebuilt.

But since these are changes which should not affect the functionality
too much, testing can go on.

Thomas