[Python-Dev] SRE bug and notifications

Kurt B. Kaiser kbk at shore.net
Fri Dec 3 18:40:42 CET 2004

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> writes:

> Perhaps the summaries should include an "unassigned bugs" list to nag
> us to look at bugs and assign them to the right person.

The bug report is derived from the bug and patch email lists, so that
information isn't available without scraping it off SF.

However, the SF trackers can be set to query for Unassigned / Open.
It looks like about 2/3 of the open bugs and 3/4 of the open patches
are unassigned.  I often unassign IDLE bugs that I'm not planning to
fix right now, hoping that may encourage someone to step forward by
removing the illusion that something is happening.  Conversely, if I
make progress on an unassigned bug/patch, I'll assign it to myself as
an indication that it's being worked on, avoiding duplication of
effort.

I track IDLE bugs via the IDLE category.  That's very useful, maybe we
need more categories?

--
KBK