[Python-Dev] MinGW And The other Py2.4 issue

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 17:52:45 CET 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 16:43:18 +0000, A.B., Khalid <abkhd at hotmail.com> wrote:
> So what see ye? :) Does it look good?

Looks good to me. The one remaining link to msvcrt, abort, is likely
to be due to the startup code using it, and your code not referencing
that symbol, so that it doesn't force linking from msvcr71. To check
this, you could add a dummy call to abort() somewhere in your code and
this last reference should vanish.

So this now looks just like an extension built using
--compiler=mingw32 with the standard Python 2.4 build, which I guess
means that your build can create extensions that are interoperable
with both itself and the standard Python 2.4.

Paul.