[Python-Dev] Python in education

Randy Chung aoshi at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Dec 15 12:35:01 CET 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm going to be leading a class on Python at the University of
California, Berkeley next semester (starting in January).  I'm
interested in using actual bugs in Python as exercises for the class,
the goal being 1) to give the students something "real" to work with,
and 2) to (hopefully) contribute back anything we manage to put together
to the Python dev team.

What I'm looking for are some oustanding bugs which the more experienced
devs feel would be straightforward to implement (which might not have
been implemented yet because they're not very interesting, or there are
simply too many other things to do right now).  I'd appreciate any and
all suggestions any of you might be able to provide.

I think that Python will have a better chance at wider adoption if
universities would provide courses for the language.  I'm running this
class partly because I'd like to give back to the community which
produced a language I've enjoyed using, and any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

If you feel this is off topic, please feel free to reply to me off-list.

Thanks,

Randy Chung