[Python-Dev] Python MSI

Bob Arnson python at bobs.org
Sun Jan 11 13:19:14 EST 2004

"Martin v. Loewis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> I have committed python/nondist/sandbox/msi to the CVS.
> This is a MSI generator for Python on Windows, which I'd
> like to propose as a replacement for Wise.

It looks good! There are a couple of UI quirks, as most MSIs have, when the system font settings are tweaked.

One suggestion: You should author the InitialTargetDir custom action into the InstallExecuteSequence table so a silent install supplies a default directory. You can already run a silent install by passing in a TARGETDIR property setting to the MSIEXEC command line, but if you forget, everything lands in the root of your boot drive.

--
sig://boB
http://foobob.com