[Python-Dev] PEP 326 (quick location possibility)

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Wed Jan 28 08:12:58 EST 2004

> I took a pass through the archives of January, just to get an actual
> number on what people think of the ideas in the PEP.

Dear Josiah,

This has lasted long enough.  Python is not a democracy.  So here's a
BDFL Pronouncement.

PEP 326 is REJECTED, because:

- The usefulness of the feature is marginal;
- it is easily implemented when you really need it; and
- we can't agree on a good way to spell it.

Please don't bring this up in python-dev.  It's not worth whining
about.  Please focus your energy on something else.  I've seen good
code and good ideas from of you, I would be sorry if you wasted more
energy on a lost cause.  Not to mention the wasted time of everyone
else arguing a lost cause.