[Python-Dev] MSI Documentation

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Jul 29 21:06:07 CEST 2004

Mark Hammond wrote:
> That looks nice (even though I misread your email and thought I would be
> looking at documentation on *building* the MSI.)

I'm willing to work on this, but I need some guidance. As you might have
seen, I have now added notion of a config.py which controls how the MSI
is built. This gives independence from the source directory, and allows
for multiple check-outs of the msi directory, each for a different
Python build and version (I have currently two of them: one for 2.4,
and one for 2.4-Itanium). This config.py is documented in msi.py.

As for more documentation on the mechanisms of msi.py itself: I have
asked a colleague to go through the file and comment on parts of Python
code that might be unclear. However, I have the concern that all his
questions are likely answered in MSDN - so I'd be really curious what
documentation is lacking that is *not* part of MSDN.

Regards,
Martin