[Python-Dev] Python bug day?

Nick Bastin nbastin at opnet.com
Tue Jun 1 12:29:09 EDT 2004

On Jun 1, 2004, at 10:32 AM, A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> For the impending 2.4alpha1 release, a coordinated effort to reduce
> the bug backlog would be good.  Several other projects (Zope, GNOME,
> Mozilla) have "bug days" in which people meet on IRC and go through
> the bug database, closing irrelevant or incorrect reports, writing
> small test cases for vague reports, etc.
>
> Holding a Python bug day seems worth a try.  I've written up a Wiki
> page, http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonBugDay, to begin
> planning a bug day and to figure out what tools (if any) are required.
> Please comment, particularly if you've participated in bug days for
> Zope or other projects.  Do we need transcripts of the IRC channel?
> Should we use #python or a new channel?
>
> If the details can get sorted out in time, perhaps we can have a bug
> day as soon as this weekend.  Is a weekend day better than a weekday
> for people who are interested in participating?

This sounds like a great idea.  Weekends would definitely be best.
Maybe for ultimate flexibility it becomes a 'Bug fix weekend', and
people can pop in and out as necessary.  If you can divine it from
throwing the bones or something, we should try to pick a weekend when
SF CVS is working.  Oh, wait...

--
Nick