[Python-Dev] Re: Empty keyword

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jun 8 09:23:50 EDT 2004

> It miht sound stupid or useless, or maybe someone has already mentioned
> it but sometimes I wish Python could provdie an "Empty" keyword like The
> "None" one.

None is not a keyword.  When it is, it will be more like a 'keyname'
(unrebindable name).

as someone else said, 'if not mylist:'

>Anyhow, I must say that I didn't see any clear statement about what
>should go here or there, I naively thought it would be the best place.

My opinion: until you understand Python as it is and are contributing to
its future development and have watched the development list for at least a
couple of months (as I did), I think it better to stick to
comp.lang.python.  After seven years with Python, I still restrain my
posting here ;-)  In any case, some of the main developers also read c.l.p
and will mention here things that need to be.

Terry J. Reedy