[Python-Dev] Possible addition to itertools

Wed Jun 16 09:01:40 EDT 2004

One feature that I'd find nice in itertools is access to "universal
newlines" behavior.  This would make it much easier to extend zipfile
and other compression-related code to provide pseudo-files that iterate
properly.

To try out a simple Python equivalent, look at:
     http://members.dsl-only.net/~daniels/ilines.html

If people think such code would be useful in itertools, I'd be happy to
add it as a patch.  If not, I'll provide it as a Cookbook recipe or
some such.

--
-- Scott David Daniels
Scott.Daniels at Acm.Org