[Python-Dev] Re: decorators and 2.4

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Mon Jun 28 13:48:11 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 13:27, Jeff Bone wrote:
> Okay, this is a great and meaty example, thanks Barry.  It's the first
> one that I've seen that is clearly not a purely declarative thing at
> least in the abstract.  What would the proposed decorator version of
> this look like?

Depends on which syntax Guido chooses <wink>.

I'd be able to remove all the "func = txnprop(_func)" trailers, and do
something like:

[txnprop]
def create_list(self, listid):
    # ...

or

def create_list(self, listid) [txnprop]:
    # ...

or

@txnprop
def create_list(self, listid):
    # ...

All of which seem much more clear than what I currently have to do.
-Barry