[Python-Dev] Re: Timing for Py2.4

Moore, Paul Paul.Moore at atosorigin.com
Tue Mar 30 06:08:18 EST 2004

From: Florian Schulze
> I currently can't compile Python 2.4 myself (don't have MSVC 7.1), so I
> can't test out Python 2.4. What about just releasing a development
> snapshot if that is a better name than alpha. I think 2.4 should get a
> release soon, so people who want to test it out, get the chance.

Martin von Loewis released a MSI installer of 2.4 some time back, which I
installed. But without binaries of pywin32, ctypes and cx_Oracle, I can't
realistically use it for anything other than "playing". (wxPython and PIL
would be nice, but not essential).

I've no idea how to get over this hump - it's a problem I hit right through
the alpha/beta cycle, all the way to the release stage.

> The guy who wants to try Python 2.4 but isn't able to,

Me too.

Paul.