[Python-Dev] __pycode__ extension

Stelios Xanthakis sxanth at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Nov 16 19:51:06 CET 2004

Hi.

I posted a message on c.l.p a couple of days ago about a
python patch which adds a member __pycde__ to functions and
classes. This member is a string which holds the python code of
the function/class. (It works in interactively defined code
and exec'd definitions)

Supposing that: I ported this to 2.4b2 and made it have zero overhead
when python runs in normal mode, is there any chance it would be
considered a candidate for inclusion in mainline python?

If yes, I'd appreciate it if somebody took a look at the patch
because there may be a better way to do it.

Patch vs 2.3.4:
http://students.ceid.upatras.gr/~sxanth/ISYSTEM/python-PIESS.tar.bz2

Guido?

c-ya