[Python-Dev] Re: subprocess - updated popen5 module

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 23:18:49 CEST 2004

> I've recieved very positive feedback on my module. Many users are also
> asking me if this module will be included in the standard library. That
> is, of course, my wish as well.
>
> So, can the subprocess module be accepted? If not, what needs to be done?

FWIW, I've given Peter some feedback, but in general I think this code
is ready for inclusion into 2.4. I hope it's not too late. (My
recommendation on the call/callv issue is to get rid of callv(), and
instead let call() interpret multiple string args as such; a single
string arg will be interpreted as a whole command line, per Popen();
if you want a single file arg you have to enclose it in [...].)