[Python-Dev] Re: python/dist/src/Lib subprocess.py,NONE,1.1

Peter Astrand astrand at lysator.liu.se
Wed Oct 13 19:56:06 CEST 2004

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Tim Peters wrote:

> > But subprocess, the Python 2.4 version, will *never* use it, because
> > _subprocess is always available (isn't this now even a builtin module, in
> > python24.dll?).
>
> Yes, it is.  I haven't had time to read the PEP, but I assumed some
> "backward compatibility" constraint is at work here too, since, e.g.,
> subprocess.py has
>
> try:
>     False

The PEP doesn't say anything about this, but my intention is that the
module should work on Python 2.2 and newer. My employer really needs this.
If the subprocess module in the Python CVS won't work with 2.2, I'm
forced to keep a separate "fork". I would be happy if this could be
avoided.

/Peter Åstrand <astrand at lysator.liu.se>