[Python-Dev] Changing pymalloc behaviour for long running processes

Evan Jones ejones at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Oct 19 23:51:36 CEST 2004

On Oct 19, 2004, at 17:41, Aahz wrote:
> Here's an idea that may help implementation slightly, and will almost
> certainly increase the likelihood of any patch getting accepted: do the
> pool scanning and freeing only on specific call of e.g. gc.free_mem().
> IIUC, you'll still need to change the allocation strategy slightly, but
> that's lower risk.

This is a very reasonable suggestion, I'll definitely do this. It would
also be easy enough to support both exposing this call to Python and
doing it automatically based on some debugging macro.

Evan Jones

--
Evan Jones: http://evanjones.ca/
"Computers are useless. They can only give answers" - Pablo Picasso