[Python-Dev] Coernic Desktop Search versus shutil.rmtree

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 03:30:36 CEST 2004

[Aahz]
> Question is, what happens when you use Explorer while Coernic is busy
> inside a folder?  If it barfs, then I think it's reasonable for rmtree()
> to barf.  Or are you saying that it's not possible to make that test?

I didn't claim it was unreasonable for shutil.rmtree to barf, and I
have no interest in making that test.  As mentioned before, Copernic's
use of the filesystem hooks drives CVS crazy too.  It's a new app, and
using the filesystem hooks transparently is a subtle undertaking.
They'll fix it eventually.