[Python-Dev] decorator support

Xavier Combelle xavier.combelle at free.fr
Sun Sep 19 02:30:40 CEST 2004

>  However, it does not give
> you any clue what the decorator actually *does*, that's why I don't
> like it. People would declare any decorator using @decorator, without
> thinking whether they actually need to make that declaration.

In my opinion, I don't care what is behind the scene. If @decorator
syntax transform
the function into a decorator, all is good.

> By
> design, any function (or, any callable for that matter) can serve
> as a decorator, so having a declaration for it might actually add
> confusion.

Not any function can act as an usefull decorator, in my opinion. It
should do something
useful around the concept of callabale object. That's why it seems for
me more like
a syntax sugar than an algorihm construct.