[Python-Dev] Re: PEP 328 - Relative Imports

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Sep 10 17:04:32 CEST 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-10 at 07:46, Jim Fulton wrote:

> I find explicit relative imports easier to read, as it
> reduces the noise level.
>
> I like the fact that local imports look different from non-local ones.

Yes, +1.  The most important thing IMO is that there be an explicit way
to spell whatever the default isn't.  I was just grumbling the other day
because I had to rename a submodule foologging.py instead of the more
natural logging.py because that module suddenly wanted to start
importing the global logging package.

-Barry