[Python-Dev] Re: Re: anonymous blocks

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Mon Apr 25 17:11:26 CEST 2005

"Brett C." <bac at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote in message
news:426C54BF.2010906 at ocf.berkeley.edu...
> And before anyone decries the fact that this might confuse a newbie
> (which
> seems to happen with every advanced feature ever dreamed up), remember
> this
> will not be meant for a newbie but for someone who has experience in
> Python and
> iterators at the minimum, and hopefully with generators.  Not exactly
> meant for
> someone for which raw_input() still holds a "wow" factor for.  =)

I have accepted the fact that Python has become a two-level language: basic
Python for expressing algorithms + advanced features (metaclasses,
decorators, CPython-specific introspection and hacks, and now possibly
'with' or whatever) for solving software engineering issues.  Perhaps there
should correspondingly be two tutorials.

Terry J. Reedy