[Python-Dev] Exception Reorg PEP checked in

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 05:43:41 CEST 2005

OK, once the cron job comes around and is run,
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0348.html will not be a 404 but be the
latest version of the PEP.

Differences since my last public version is that it has
BaseException/Exception as the naming hierarchy, Warning inherits from
Exception, UserException is UserError, and StandardError inherits from
Exception.  I also added better annotations on the tree for noticing
where inheritance changed and whether it become broader (and thus had
a new exception in its MRO) or more restrictive (and thus lost an
exception).  Basically everything that Guido has brought up today
(08-03).

I may have made some mistakes changing over to BaseException/Exception
thanks to their names being so similar and tossing back in
StandardError so if people catch what seems like odd sentences that is
why (obviously let me know of the mistake).

-Brett