[Python-Dev] plans for 2.4.2 and 2.5a1

Josiah Carlson jcarlson at uci.edu
Fri Aug 12 18:44:09 CEST 2005

For 2.5a1...

Some exposure of _PyLong_AsByteArray() and _PyLong_FromByteArray() to
Python. There was a discussion about this almost a year ago
(http://python.org/sf/1023290), and no mechanism (struct format code
addition, binascii.tolong/fromlong, long.tostring/fromstring, ...)
actually made it into Python 2.4 .  At this point, I'd be happy to get
/any/ mechanism, with a preference to struct and/or binascii (I'd put
them in both, if only because different groups of people people may look
for them in both places, and people who use one tend to like to use that
one for as much as possible, and because the code additions in both are
minor).

 - Josiah