[Python-Dev] Fwd: Distributed RCS

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 23:27:22 CEST 2005

With permission, I'm forwarding an email from Mark Shuttleworth about
Bazaar-2 (aka Bazaar-NG), a distributed source control system (not
entirely unlike bitkeeper, I presume) written in Python and in use by
the Ubuntu system. What do people think of using this for Python? Is
it the right model? Do we want to encourage widespread experimentation
with the Python source code?