[Python-Dev] test_bz2 and Python 2.4.1

A.B., Khalid abkhd at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 13:24:36 CEST 2005

Okay. Even though I know that most people here would probably find it
difficult to give input when MinGW is used to build Python, I am going
to post what I found out so far anyway concerning the test_bz2 situation
for referencing purposes.

Python version     Mode used        Location of test        Result
  from CVS
Python 2.5a0        normal           ../Lib/test/            PASS
Python 2.5a0        normal           CWD of Python           PASS
Python 2.5a0      interactive        ../Lib/test/            PASS
Python 2.5a0      interactive        CWD of Python           PASS

Python 2.4.1        normal           ../Lib/test/            FAIL
Python 2.4.1        normal           CWD of Python           PASS
Python 2.4.1      interactive        ../Lib/test/            PASS
Python 2.4.1      interactive        CWD of Python           PASS

For python 2.4.1, tried both bzip2-1.0.2, and bzip2-1.0.3 on Win98 SE,
and WinXP Pro SP2, using MinGW 3.4.4.

I'll try to see what else I can find out.