[Python-Dev] PEP 8 updates/clarifications

Tony Meyer t-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Dec 15 03:50:37 CET 2005

[Barry]
>>> I've pushed out a revised PEP 8
>>>
>>> http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0008.html
>>>
>>> Please review and comment.

[Tony Meyer]
>> Why does PEP 8 continually refer to one particular editor (Emacs)?

[Guido]
> I think the best way to avoid editor wars is to pick one editor and
> stick with it. :-)

I wasn't suggesting an editor war, or replacing or adding to the
Emacs references.  My point (echoed in part by Ian Bicking) was that
the Emacs references don't seem to add anything worthwhile to the PEP
(it's the style guide, not the "Python in Emacs" guide), and if the
aim is to simplify the text then this would be another way to do that.

=Tony.Meyer