[Python-Dev] a quit that actually quits

Alex Martelli aleaxit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 19:10:19 CET 2005

On 12/28/05, Walter Dörwald <walter at livinglogic.de> wrote:
> We have sys.displayhook and sys.excepthook. Why not add a sys.inputhook?

Sure, particularly with Nick's suggestion for a default input hook it
would be fine.

> > sessions in which I want to perform some action repeatedly, and
> > currently the least typing is 4 characters (x()<enter>) while this   would reduce it to two
>
> What's wrong with <cursor up>, <return>?

The fact that there is no upper bound to the number of cursor-up
keystrokes needed here -- by "perform some action repeatedly" I don't
mean "half a dozen times right after each other with nothing
in-between" (sorry for the ambiguous phrasing), but "numerous times,
repeatedly in the course of an interactive interpreter session".

Alex