[Python-Dev] Quick access to Python bug reports in Thunderbird

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Feb 27 21:16:00 CET 2005

I find that I frequently need to open a bug report
whose bug number is in a python-dev email I read
with Mozilla Thunderbird.

I now tried to automate things a bit more, and found
the excellent DictionarySearch plugin:

http://dictionarysearch.mozdev.org/index.html

To install, follow these steps:
1. Download the plugin (for Thunderbird, make
    sure to download to disk)
http://dictionarysearch.mozdev.org/download.php/http://downloads.mozdev.org/dictionarysearch/dictionarysearch_0.8.xpi

2. In Thunderbird, open Tools/Extensions/Install,
    select the file downloaded

3. Open Tools/Extensions again, double-click DictionarySearch.

4. In "Dictionary 1", fill in
    Text: Python Bug $
    Access Key: y (as P will conflict with Print)

To use the plugin, select a bug report number in a message,
select the context menu, and type y (or click the Python
Bug menu entry).

Regards,
Martin

P.S. In case you wonder why this plugin is DictionarySearch:
it is meant to lookup words in an email in a dictionary, e.g.
Wikipedia.