[Python-Dev] Multiple expression eval in compound if statement?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jun 13 13:14:38 CEST 2005

    Raymond> I think it unwise to allow x to be any expression.

How do you decide what's "too complex"?  Even an apparently simple variable
can have side effects, so the semantic change bit is important no matter how
complex the expression.  (Consider the builtin help object.  Type it at the
prompt with no parens.)

Like I said, "I'm horsing around with...".  If this never makes it into
Python I can accept that.  The interesting thing for me at this point is the
code generation anyway.  I figure if Guido reconsiders PEP 275 (I think it
covers all the bases), then the code generation stuff will probably be of
some use.

Skip