[Python-Dev] can we stop pretending _PyTyple_Lookup is internal?

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Mon Mar 14 11:28:42 CET 2005

It's needed to implement things that behave like instance methods, for
instance, and I notice that at at least some point in the past Zope3
has used the function with a note attached saying "Guido says this is
OK".

Also, the context is that I want to submit a patch to PyObjC using the
function, and doing a little digging revealed that PyObjC already has
a copy & paste copy of _PyType_Lookup, presumably to avoid using an
internal API.  I don't think this does anyone any good.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
mwh

--
  I wouldn't trust the Anglo-Saxons for much anything else.  Given
  they way English is spelled, who could trust them on _anything_ that