[Python-Dev] PEP 344: Exception Chaining and Embedded Tracebacks

Guido van Rossum gvanrossum at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:48:19 CEST 2005

Here's another rule-of-thumb: when the VM and the user *share* the
attribute space of an object, the VM uses system attributes; the VM
uses plain attributes for objects that it owns completely (like code
objects, frames and so on, which rarely figure user code except for
the explicit purpose of introspection). So I think the PEP should
continue to use __traceback__ etc.