[Python-Dev] PEP 343 and __with__

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Thu Oct 6 17:27:13 CEST 2005

Just a quick note. Nick convinced me that adding __with__ (without
losing __enter__ and __exit__!) is a good thing, especially for the
decimal context manager. He's got a complete proposal for PEP changes
which he'll post here. After a brief feedback period I'll approve his
changes and he'll check them into the PEP.

My apologies to Jason for missing the point he was making; thanks to
Nick for getting it and turning it into a productive change proposal.