[Python-Dev] New codecs checked in

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sat Oct 22 00:04:20 CEST 2005

I've checked in a whole bunch of newly generated codecs
which now make use of the faster charmap decoding variant added
by Walter a short while ago.

Please let me know if you find any problems.

Some codecs (esp. the Mac OS X ones) have minor changes.
These originate from updated mapping files on ftp.unicode.org.

I also added an alias iso8859_1 -> latin_1, so that applications
using the iso8859_1 encoding name can benefit from the faster
native implementation of the latin_1 codec.

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 22 2005)