[Python-Dev] Reminder: PyCon 2006 submissions due in a week

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Tue Oct 25 12:13:20 CEST 2005

The submission deadline for PyCon 2006 is now a week away.  PyCon 2006
will be in Dallas, Texas, February 24-26 2006.

For 2006, I'd like to see more tutorial-style talks on the program.
This means that your talk doesn't have to be about something entirely
new; you can show how to use a particular language feature, standard
library module, examine some aspect of a Python implementation, or
compare the available libraries in an application domain.

For example, the most popular talk at 2005 was Michelle Levesque's
PyWeboff, which compare various web development tools.  The next most
popular (ignoring a few keynotes and the lightning talks) were Alex
Martelli's talks on iterators & generators, and on OOP.  Partly that's
because it's Alex, of course, but I think attendees want help in
deciding which tools are good/helpful/safe to use.

If you need an idea, http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyCon2005/Feedback
lists some topics that 2005's attendees were interested in.

CFP:
	http://www.python.org/pycon/2006/cfp

Proposal submission site:
	http://submit.python.org/