[Python-Dev] PEP 352: Required Superclass for Exceptions

Brett Cannon bcannon at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 05:15:38 CEST 2005

Well, I am at it again, but this time Guido is a co-conspirator.  We
wrote a PEP that introduces BaseException and moves KeyboardInterrupt
and SystemExit.  Even if you followed the discussion for PEP 348 you
should read the PEP since I am sure there will be something that
someone doesn't like, such as the transition plan or how I didn't use
British English throughout.  =)

Anyway, as soon as the cron job posts the PEP to the web site (already
checked into the new svn repository) have a read and start expounding
about how wonderful it is and that there is no qualms with it
whatsoever.  =)

-Brett