[Python-Dev] svn:ignore (Was: [Python-checkins] commit of r41352 - in python/trunk: . Lib Lib/distutils Lib/distutils/command Lib/encodings)

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Oct 30 23:03:54 CET 2005

skip at pobox.com wrote:
>     Fred> Shouldn't we simply remove the .cvsignore files?  Subversion
>     Fred> doesn't use them, so they'll just end up getting out of sync with
>     Fred> the svn:ignore properties.
>
> Is there some equivalent?  If so, can we convert the .cvsignore files before
> deleting them?

cvs2svn has already converted them automatically - to svn:ignore
properties; try

svn propget svn:ignore Doc

(assuming . is the current directory).

I have now deleted all .cvsignore files in the trunk
in revision 41357 (yay, giving a single number for
a multi-file delete operation feels good :-)

Regards,
Martin