[Python-Dev] Compatibility between Python 2.3.x and Python 2.4.x

Rich Burridge Rich.Burridge at Sun.COM
Thu Sep 15 22:53:36 CEST 2005

Hi,

I'm involved with the team that's working towards installing Python 2.4.x
as part of a future release of the Solaris O/S.

We currently have Python 2.3.x installed. We are trying to determine just
how compatible these two release are (at both the binary and source levels).

In other words, with Python 2.3.x .py, .pyc and .pyo files work correctly
with Python 2.4.x ?

Can somebody point me at this information please?

Thanks.

--
Rich Burridge                       Email:     rich.burridge at Sun.COM
Sun Microsystems Inc. (MPK14-260),  Phone:     +1.650.786.5188