[Python-Dev] Suggestion: Please login to wiki when you make changes

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Wed Apr 5 18:12:07 CEST 2006

I know it's a minor point, but for those of us who monitor changes to the
wiki I think it would make our task a bit easier if people within the Python
developer community were logged in when they made changes.  That way,
instead of seeing a mail subject like

    [PythonInfo Wiki] Update of "BuildBot" by 24.6.150.200

I would see a person or login I recognize, like

    [PythonInfo Wiki] Update of "BuildBot" by SkipMontanaro

Seeing a recognized name, I could just delete the mail without considering
if it was wiki spam.

It's a small point, but when you get hundreds of emails a day, speed is
everything...

Thx,

Skip