[Python-Dev] [Python-checkins] r45321 - in python/trunk: Lib/test/test_traceback.py Lib/traceback.py Misc/NEWS

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 03:14:56 CEST 2006

[georg.brandl]
> Author: georg.brandl
> Date: Wed Apr 12 23:14:09 2006
> New Revision: 45321
>
> Modified:
>    python/trunk/Lib/test/test_traceback.py
>    python/trunk/Lib/traceback.py
>    python/trunk/Misc/NEWS
> Log:
> Patch #860326: traceback.format_exception_only() now prepends the
> exception's module name to non-builtin exceptions, like the interpreter
> itself does.

And all the trunk buildbot runs have failed since, in at least
test_decimal, test_doctest and test_unpack.  Please run tests before
checking in.

The 2.4 backport of this patch should be reverted, since it changes
visible behavior (for example, all the 2.4 branch buildbot runs also
fail now).

Fine by me if we change the failing tests on the trunk to pass (noting
that should have been done before checking in).